road to crazyville

wanna take the road

Monday, February 13, 2006

Familial Company
What I'm ReadingI'm not - I'm all read out. I started working with an agent in NYC twice a week - I take home four to eight manuscripts each day, and read almost the entire time I'm there. I'm pooped. I'm cutting back on the recreational reading - which is good. Will free up more time at home, and save my savings.So, I spent half the day doing research and making phone calls to different companies to discuss the purchasing of copy equipment. We're thinking of opening up a copy center downstairs and I'm trying to run the numbers and see how it goes.Otherwise, I finally got a chance to speak with the designer that I hired about the promotional material ... she offered to break the contract, and I took it. She also offered to simply rush the work, and do it all in a day... which was nice, I suppose. But, I gotta a little worried that she didn't think anything of rushing a whole months work (according to the bill I'm paying) into a single day. So, I bailed. In hindsight, I'm not sure if it was the right decision - but it feels right, and that's really all I have to go by.I have a phone meeting (oh... ah...) tomorrow morning with the agent I'm working with. I'll see what she wants to talk about, I'm not really sure what she had in mind. But, I have a few questions that would be better via "real" conversation and not email. So that works for me.Nothing more to report, really.I'm kinda fried.I need to relax this weekend - so I can really get back to work on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home